Saturday, January 14, 2017

My Top 10 Fujifilm X-E1 Photographs

Fujifilm X-E1
Back in July of 2016 I bought a gently used Fujifilm X-E1 digital rangefinder camera for a really good price. I've used my X-E1 as my primary camera ever since--in fact, I sold all of my other digital cameras (except my cell phone). Almost all of my photographs over the last six months have been captured using the Fuji camera--I just love photographing with my X-E1!

What I like about the camera is that it's designed for the person who learned photography back in the days of film and manual controls. You have the right dials in the right places. You are not jumping through menus just to take a picture. I also like how Fuji renders JPEGs, which look a lot like processed RAW files and not typical out-of-camera JPEGs. The camera also has excellent dynamic range and good high-ISO capabilities.

I was thinking about the photographs that I've captured with the Fujifilm X-E1, and which ones are my favorites. It was a more difficult task narrowing things down than I anticipated, and I'm not 100% convinced that these are the absolute best, but these are the ones I like the best. Because photographers have an emotional attachment to their own images, it can be difficult for them to determine which are truly the best. So below are my Top 10 favorite images (in no particular order), divided between five black-and-white and five color, that I captured with the camera over the last six months. Enjoy!

Black & White
I Am Nature - Ogden Canyon, Utah
Steps - Salt Lake City, Utah
Preserving The Library Stairs - Salt Lake City, Utah
Turbulent Sky Over The Ridge - Ogden Canyon, Utah
Rays Over The Wasatch - South Weber, Utah

Color
Mirrored Mountain - Mirror Lake, Utah
Clouds At Night - Bear Lake, Idaho
Blue Umbrella - Great Salt Lake, Utah
Urban Bicyclist - Salt Lake City, Utah
Kodak Transparencies - South Weber, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment